Canada Immigration Stories - Tell Us Your Story
We'd love to hear about your immigration to Canada and related experiences!
If you'd like to share your stories about what it was like to leave your home country, how it felt to arrive in Canada, your experience with Canada Customs, and how cold it was if you arrived in winter, please let us know!
For example, you can tell us ...
- something funny that happened to you on your journey to Canada?
- some difficulties you experienced?
- tell us about your language experiences. Was it easy to learn English and/or French? Or was it difficult?
- what people and groups did you find helpful?
- what did you think of Canadian food?
- how long did it take for you to feel at home in Canada?
- what was your Canadian job finding experience like?
- how long was it before you made your first Canadian friends?
We hope this venue will help you share your stories with others to provide them with an understanding of some of the positive experiences as well as some of the difficulties immigrating to Canada can present and how they can be overcome.
Remember, sharing our stories with each other makes us stronger and helps unite us all, from coast-to-coast. Thanks so much for sharing yours!